In Persian cuisine, Kookoo refers to any dish with fried vegetables and egg. Usually these Kookoo sib zamini potato patties dishes are quite simple and quick to make. Potato patties are a kind of kookoo that can be served as dinner, a light lunch or a picnic food. It´s mostly popular among kids thanks to its crispy and crunchy texture.
- 4 People
- 5 medium potatoes, boiled and smashed
- 3 eggs
- ½ Teaspoons salt
- ¼ Teaspoons black pepper
- ½ Teaspoons turmeric
- vegetable oil
- Add eggs, turmeric, salt and pepper to smashed potatoes and mix well. If you feel your potatoes are too watery, you can lightly add flour.
- Heat 4-5 tablespoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Make small patties, flatten them in a round shape and carefully place them in the pan to fry.
- Once you see that the bottom has turned a golden brown where the edges are a rich brown and crispy, flip them over.
- Place a dish with a paper towel in it next to your work station. When removing the patties from the pan, try to drain as much of the oil as possible, then place onto the plate and serve.