Combi microwaves or combination microwave ovens are those that come with more than a few features that let you use the microwave for more than just heating food. This includes grilling, roasting, baking, and many more.
Not every single combi oven you find will have the same functions. Some have more than others, and choosing this depends entirely on your wants. If you like to grill a lot, then definitely go for a microwave that has this function.
Likewise, ditch the ovens with functions you do not need because then you might end up paying more.
The best combi microwaves cannot be boiled down to one or two models but are actually a collection of them. While you pick and choose these extra functions according to preference, you also need to pick other regular functions that make the oven worth buying. Take a look at the full article, and you will find what you need.
Comparison Chart For Top 9 Best Combination Microwaves
|PRODUCT||POWER (WATTS)||CAPACITY||SPECIAL FEATURE|
|Toshiba ML-EM45P(BS)||1200||1.6 Cu.ft||Sound on/off function|
|Panasonic NN-SN686S||1200||.2 Cu.ft||14 auto cook options|
|BLACK+DECKER EM720CB7||700||0.7 Cu.ft||10-inch turntable|
|Toshiba EM131A5C-BS||1100||1.2 Cu.ft||Custom defrost function|
|Toshiba EM925A5A-SS||900||0.9 Cu. ft||6 preset menus|
|Farberware||1000||1.1 cu. ft.||6 Cooking Programs|
|Frigidaire FPMO227NUF||1200||2.2 Cu. Ft.||One touch options|
|F.BLUMLEIN||1550||11.1 cu. ft.||24 Item Preset Menu|
|BrevilleCombi Wave||1100||1.1 cu. ft.||Grill element|
Best Combination Microwaves Reviews
- 【Better texture with sensor menus 】This 1200-watt high power countertop microwave with 10 power levels includes a pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potato, vegetable and more
- 【Large Capacity for a Family Size】1.6 cu. ft. capacity ; 13.6" turntable; fitting a 13inch pizza; with one touch popcorn button as kitchen essential
- 【Position Memory Turntable】 Innovative position-memory technique resets the turntable to the initial position for more convenient and safer use
- 【Convenience Features】Auto defrost, fast cooking, memory function, multi-stage cooking, child safety lock, clock and kitchen timer
- 【Sound On/Off Function】If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, please long press on the button "8" for 3-5 seconds; The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
This Toshiba multifunctional microwave can be used to cook a lot of dishes, from basic everyday snacks to full-blown meals. It comes with an impressive power of 1200 watts that makes the cooking fast and efficient.
The oven is just as spacious as it is functional. With a 1.6 cubic foot interior space, you can easily and comfortably bake or cook complete meals in one go.
We love that this has an eco-mode on this as well. As we all know, these electric devices wreak havoc on electric bills. So, having one that reduces those numbers is always an advantage.
It comes with a turntable. But this is not your average turntable; it is a position memory turntable. This means it comes back to its original position after use, so you do not have to take out an awkwardly placed bowl.
A sound on and off button is placed. This is for all the late-night snackers. If you want to quickly heat something up or cook a frozen pizza, the loud beeps can be turned off so they don’t wake everybody.
Other attractive features that this model has included the child safety lock, which is essential for all users who have kids in the home. Then, there is the auto defrost function for quick defrosting and fast snacks. A kitchen timer, clock, memory function, and multi-stage cooking are also found here.
- Sound on and sound off functions available
- 1200-watt high cooking power
- Auto defrost function is included
- Capacity is 1.6-cubic foot
- Eco mode helps to save energy
Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor.Turntable Diameter 340mm. Clock : 12H. Child Lock : Yes..Operating Frequency : 2,450 MHz
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; Advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; Internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9 15/16 inch x 13 15/16 inch x 14 3/8 inch
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; Other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve. Power Source 120V / 60Hertz. Power Consumption 1480W. Membrane keypad and 5 menu buttons for easy programming, 10 Power Levels; push-button door release
This is a combination microwave oven from Panasonic. It boasts a high cooking power of 1200 watts, which can cook and bake foods pretty quickly and much faster than the average oven.
Moreover, it has good space on the inside, too, of 1.2 cubic feet that can accommodate most meals that we make.
The oven has an Inverter Technology. This creates a stream of power that helps to cook the food evenly without any disruptions. Thanks to this, the final food ends up cooked all the way thoroughly and evenly.
With the turbo defrost feature, frozen foods are defrosted faster than they would in general. So now you can heat them up and prepare your snacks much faster since there is no waiting time.
Inside, there is a turntable as well, which further allows for even cooking. This is 13.4 inches in diameter and is very thin and lightweight, which makes it work better.
The oven is also pretty smart with its genius sensor. This is automatic, and it adjusts the power every time you put in a different meal. According to each food item, the temperature and time will be adjusted.
- 1200-watt high cooking power
- Capacity is 1.2 cubic foot
- Turbo defrost and inverter technology
- Automatic genius sensor built-in
- The inverter microwave function keeps food warm
BLACK+DECKER EM720CB7 Digital Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
Using this microwave oven from BLACK+DECKER, you can make a range of foods. From popcorn and pizza to vegetables and dinner, the oven can do it all. It is suitable for smaller families or users looking into smaller ovens in general.
On the inside, you get 0.7 cubic feet, which is spacious enough to cook or warm food for a few people. Because this is comparatively smaller than most other similar ovens in the market, it has a lower cooking power, too, of 700 watts.
However, the entire power goes to a smaller space, so the quality of the cooking remains just as fine and efficient.
There are multiple buttons that have been preprogrammed. This way, you do not need to enter details of temperature and time every single time you make pizza. The oven remembers and does this work on its own.
Inside, there is a glass turntable of 10 inches, too. Use this for pizza or any other food that you think needs proper rotation for the heat to reach every corner evenly.
- 700-watt cooking power
- Capacity is 0.7 cubic foot
- Push-button releases door
- 10-inch glass turntable included
- Includes 10 power settings
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven
- 【Pre-programmed sensor menu】 for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Power Wattage (Microwave): 1100W; Rated Voltage: 120V - 60Hz
- 【Stylish Appearance with Large Interior, fitting a 12inch Pizza】Black exterior, 20.51 x 17.14 x 12.83 inch (w x d x h); large 1. 2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), removable turntable 12.4 inch (diameter)
- 【Other Functions】1100 watts with 10 power settings, defrost by time&weight, clock, and kitchen timer, One touch start for multiple food presets
- 【Practical Control Panel】Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel. The keypad was covered by a protective film during the shipment. Please peel it off before your first use.
- 【Mute Function】If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, pleas long press on the button "8" for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is automatically switched off after a long beep.
This Toshiba microwave oven comes in a sleek stainless-steel body in solid black, which makes it an attractive addition to any countertop.
On the inside, you have 1.2 cubic feet of space that holds a spacious 12.4-inch turntable. Having this turntable lets you cook and warm pizzas and similar snacks quickly. The large size also means that you can cook larger pizzas or put in more food at once to be cooked or heated.
To be able to perform well in this space, the oven has 1100 watts of cooking power. This provides all the power you need for thorough and seamless cooking and confirms that the meals will be done fast, too.
On the front, there is a large digital display. So, instead of having to guess the time passed or the remaining or the temperature, you can simply get a look.
There is a kitchen timer and clock, too. These remove the need for you to keep tabs on time or worry about food burning if you forget.
Two defrost settings have been added here. First is one-for-one-pound foods. The other is custom. This you can change according to the different foods you put in. Enter the weight of the food, and the oven will work accordingly to defrost it.
- 1100-watt high cooking power
- Capacity is 1.2 cubic foot
- A large digital display is added
- Comes with 10 power settings
- Kitchen timer and clock features included
Toshiba EM925A5A-SS Microwave Oven
No products found.
This is a small and compact oven for all users who are looking for something for their dorm rooms, offices, or, in general, a small oven to serve one or two people. It has a small capacity of 0.9 cubic feet. Accordingly, it has a 900-watt cooking power.
These two factors are related. So do not be alarmed by the low wattage since it is applied to a smaller space, bearing the same results.
Even though this is smaller, it has plenty of features that make it worthwhile. You get a total of 6 common food items pre-programmed into this. This includes pizza, potatoes, vegetables, popcorn, and more.
There is a quick one-touch start button, too. With this, the oven can cook at full speed within 6 minutes.
A power-saving mode has also been put into this oven. This allows you to save on electricity bills in the long run. And especially if you are a student, you need to watch those bills, and that makes this an even better purchase altogether.
- 900-watt high cooking power
- Capacity is 0.9 cubic foot
- Power-saving Eco mode lessens electric bills
- 10 power settings included
- A digital display has been provided
Combi Microwaves Buying Guide
The capacity of the microwave tells you how much you can cook or bake at a time. Hence, this is an important point to check. Usually, you will find this value provided in liters, but since this is pretty vague, you should just look at the interior dimensions instead.
If you are buying from stores, the other way to check is to see the maximum-sized dish that can fit through the doors without tilting. The highest you can go for these are 49cm wide, and some of the smaller ones can fit only a 29cm dish.
Wattage or power is one of the factors to consider before buying the best combi oven. When it comes to microwaves, the usual range you have is between 650 and 1950 watts.
Higher wattage means that the cooking is done faster since there is more power supply at a time. Hence, you have to choose depending on your cooking routines.
In general, if you are cooking regular meals for an average-sized family of 4 to 5, then 1000 watts or something around this number should be good enough.
If you are living alone and do not need a ton of power, then below 1000 watts is okay for you. Larger families who cook in larger portions should look into higher wattages, preferably over 1200 watts.
Turntable vs. flatbed Oven
They both have their respective shares of advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to decide which to go with as per your cooking methods.
Having a turntable means that the food is being rotated, and the heat reaches every corner equally well. But this usually imposes a restriction on the size. Usually, larger trays do not fit into this and cannot be rotated.
Flatbeds, on the other hand, have more space. So you can put in larger trays or plates without having them rotate. If you frequently serve or cook for larger crowds, this is the optimum choice for you.
Modern ovens come with a lot of accessories, all of which are dedicated to making cooking easier. With combi ovens, it becomes even more important that you look for these accessories to be able to do more with one device.
Things you can look for include pizza stones, rice steamers, crisper plates, baking pans, browning shelves, and broiler trays.
Auto-cook programs are truly a blessing in disguise. They fix all the details for you and get the job done. All you have to do is put in the weight and type, and the oven does the rest.
These are made so that you can make all the regular dishes quickly without having to input every single temperature or grill function every single time.
The number of auto-cook programs an oven has varies. While some come with 3 or 4, others will have a whopping 30. Although the latter is for professionals, you can look for a higher number of auto cook programs for the home as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is The Best Combination Microwave To Buy?
The Sharp R959SLMAA Combination Microwave is one of the finest combi ovens, which also comes at an affordable range, making it even better. It has a spacious 40-liter capacity and a god power of 900 Watts for even and thorough cooking, grilling, and baking. You also get two racks and a turntable!
Are Combination Microwaves Any Good?
Combination microwaves are great for people who want to do more with their ovens. Not all of us can afford to have a different oven for a different purpose, nor can we always spare the space.
So, yes, a combination microwave makes a good choice here as long as you have the right kind of power and services. It also comes cheaper than having a different device for everything.
What Is The Easiest Microwave To Use?
If you are looking for a simple, no-fuss microwave, then we suggest you look at the Commercial Chef Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven. Its got mechanical rotary dials, a total of 6 power dials, the glass table is removable, and the handle is easy to grip and open.
We all love combi ovens, but not everyone wants the same combinations. This is why you will get a little lost initially when searching. But we have tried to cover all sorts here so everyone can take a pick according to their personal needs.
When buying the best combi microwave, take a good look at the basic points first to see how the oven will perform overall. And then follow up with the extra features, be it grilling or toasting, depending on what you need.
Following this pattern will allow you to make an educated purchase and will get you an oven that lasts many years.