Salad Olivier is known all over the world, it is also called Russian salad in some countries. It was originally created by the French Chef, M. Olivier, but claimed by the Russians as one of their dishes. In Iran they call it Salad Olivieh and the ingredients are rather different from the original recipe.
This salad olivieh chicken potato egg salad is delicious when served fresh but even better when it has been refrigerated for a few hours or even overnight.
- 4 People
- 2h 0m
- 4 medium potato
- 2 eggs
- 450 Grams Mortadella Ham, or 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 2 carrots
- 6 dill pickles
- ½ Cups sweet peas
- ½ Cups sweet corn
- 2 Cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes and carrots and place them in a pot. Cover full with water and bring all to boil on low heat until potatoes are soft. (potato takes longer to come to boil, but let them all continue boiling). Hard boil the eggs.
- Grate the potatoes, eggs and carrots. Shred ham and dice dill pickles. Place them all in a large mixing bowl. Add sweet peas and sweet corn.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Serve in a platter. You can put a layer of mayonnaise on it.