Ceramic knives excel at cutting thin slices. They are a great go-to knife whenever you need to cut with precision. Other common characteristics of ceramic knives are they don’t absorb food elements and don’t rust. Below we have listed the best ceramic knives in 2018 based on quality, safety, and customer ratings.
Kyocera Revolution Chef’s Knife
- Ultra-sharp, pure advanced ceramic blades will maintain their edge up to 10x longer than steel blades
- Lightweight and easy to clean, the blades will not brown food, are rust-proof and resistant to acids
- The chef's santoku is an all-purpose knife for everyday slicing, dicing and mincing of vegetables, fruit and boneless meats and not to be used on hard or frozen foods
As the inventor of ceramic knives, Kyocera has some of the best ceramic knives. The Kycocera Revolution ceramic chef’s knife is great for chopping, dicing, and mincing. Another benefit of this knife is it can cut thin slices of fruit and vegetables with ease. The blade is thin but strong. It’s good for handling boneless meats as well.
This Kyocera Revolution knife is versatile. One can use it at home or professionally and for numerous food prep applications. The lightweight design of this ceramic knife reduces wrist fatigue. It features an ergonomic handle. Cleaning the Kyocera Revolution ceramic chef’s knife is quick and easy too. You can rinse it and dry it off with a towel because the blade doesn’t absorb food elements.
Nuwave 4-piece Black Ceramic Knife
- MEAL PREP MADE EASY – This set includes a knife for just about any food prep task you’ll encounter. Select from the 3-inch paring knife, 5-inch utility knife, 6.5-inch everyday knife and the 8-inch chef’s knife. Slice, cut, and prep ingredients with ease.
- CERAMIC MATERIAL – These knives are made from non-porous ceramic materials that are ideal for easy chopping and slicing. Ceramic blades stay sharper longer than standard steel blades.
- PRESERVING TASTE & TEXTURE – Slicing fruits and vegetables with ceramic blades won’t oxidize or cause discoloration as fast as it would with a steel blade. The non-porous advanced ceramic material does not absorb or transfer any food residue or odors from one food item to another.
- EASY TO USE – The slip-resistant, ergonomic handle promotes a comfortable and highly controlled grip and reduces fatigue in the hand. Comfortable to hold for a long time.
- EASY TO CLEAN – All four knives can be easily washed with a simple quick rinse or simply put them in the dishwasher and you’ll be all set.
Nuwave 4-piece Black Ceramic Knife is an ideal set for meal prep tasks. The set comes with a 3-inch paring knife, 5-inch utility knife, 6.5-inch everyday knife and the 8-inch chef’s knife – making it great for all kinds of cutting and slicing needs. The ceramic blades are non-porous and stay sharp for much longer than regular steel blades.
Additionally, they do not transfer food residue or odors from one food item to another – preserving the taste and texture of your ingredients. The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable and secure grip for extended use. Cleanup is also a breeze with these knives as all four can be washed with a simple rinse or put them in the dishwasher. Finally, these knives were designed and developed in the USA at NuWave headquarters located in Vernon Hills, IL.
Overall, I highly recommend the Nuwave 4-piece Black Ceramic Knife set for its quality construction, excellent performance and ease of use. It is definitely an excellent choice for everyday meal prep tasks.
Shenzhen Ceramic Chef’s Knife
- 6.5-inch ceramic chef's knife
- Lightweight, will not rust and is easy to clean: Resistant to acids and oils
- Stay sharper longer: Harder than steel and will hold edge longer than a steel blade
- Our blades are made for precision slicing. Not for bones, hard surfaces, cheeses and hard/frozen foods. Refrain from carving, striking, and smashing
- UPDATE (July 1, 2013): We have recently redesigned and reinforced our handles to make it more durable and comfortable when you are cutting
One of the best ceramic knives for budget shoppers is the Shenzhen ceramic chef’s knife. The 6.5 inch knife is lightweight and resistant to rust, oils, acids, and germs. Its resistant to contaminants makes the ceramic chef’s knife easy to clean. The Shenzhen ceramic chef’s knife is designed for precision slicing. It shouldn’t be used for bone, frozen foods, hard foods, hard surfaces, or cheese. The knife can’t be used for striking, carving, or smashing either.
In 2013, Shenzhen updated the Ceramic Chef’s Knife to make it more durable and comfortable. Therefore, you should only consider reviews of the knife written after the upgrade. The blade is made of advanced ceramic called zirconium oxide, a substance harder than steel. It doesn’t need resharpening often. The blade’s sharpness lasts 10-15 times as long as the sharpness of a steel blade. As expected of a ceramic knife, the Shenzhen ceramic chef’s knife slices fruits, vegetables, and boneless meat with ease.
IHomeer 8 Inch Ceramic Chef Knife Infinity Blade
- Designed by Healthy Material, non-toxic, no pollution, no oxidation, no corrosion, BPA free, nonporous, and never rust. No odor, no the smell of food residue in the knife.
- Ultra sharp blade made by the high precision zirconium oxide, near diamond hardness, Whether it's fruit, vegetables, or meat, we can cut into slices or cubes effortlessly.
- Ergonomic streamlining Handle, fully considering the action,strength, curve shape, and stability, Improve operation balance adequately.
- iHOMEER Ceramic knife with perfect sheath, it can well protect your knife, whether you are at home or outdoors for a picnic.
- Luxurious Designed Gift-Package for an ideal collection. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee or Full Money Back.
One of the best ceramic knives that’s 8 inches is the IHomeer 8 inch ceramic chef knife infinity blade. It is non-toxic, non-pollutant, and nonporous. The ceramic knife doesn’t oxidate, rust, or corrode either. It doesn’t absorb smells from food. A blade made of high precision zirconium oxide, the knife is ultra sharp. It cuts through fruit, vegetable, and meat effortlessly.
The handle is ergonomic, working to protect your wrist. Although it’s a sharp knife, the manufacturer warns against using it for cutting bone, prying, and carving. It’s not safe to use on a stone, marble, or glass board. And the IHomeer 8 inch ceramic chef knife infinity blade must be hand washed with cold water.
VOS 6″ Special Chef Edition Ceramic Knife
- Cuts Effortlessly – slice, dice, and cut fruits and vegetables and boneless meats
- Stays Sharper For Longer – retains its original sharpness up to 15 times longer than steel blades
- Makes Difficult Cutting Easy – The Chef Knife is light, with a well-balanced and controlled grip
- Easy to Clean - rust-proof and stainless. After using simply rinse the blade with water
- Protective sheath and elegant gift box included
The VOS 6″ Special Chef Edition ceramic knife comes in an elegant gift box. It would make a great gift. The knife comes with a sheath to protect the blade and your fingers when reaching for it. Beautifully ground, it has razor sharp precision.
This special chef edition ceramic knife is lightweight yet feels balanced in your hand. You can cut slices so then with this knife that you can see through them. The VOS 6″ Special Chef Edition ceramic knife also has excellent edge retention. According to the seller it’s about 10 times better in edge retention than other professional knives.
WACOOL Ceramic Knife
- The ceramic knife delivers exceptionally less surface resistance and a ruthlessly razor sharp edge. You need to try it to believe it.
- Ultra sharp, will never rust. Spectacularly light, with a perfectly engineered balance and 15x the edge retainment of steel.
- Made from a proprietary blend of the highest quality zirconia and forged utilizing state of the art Cold Isostatic Pressing process (CIP) before being super heated, our blades are sharper, harder, stronger, lighter, and more beautiful.
- Classic white blade and black handle. Include matching sheaths for each blade. The set includes: 6" Chef knife, 4" Paring knife, 5" Utility knife.
- Best gift for your family, friend and yourself.
The WACOOL Ceramic Knife is unlike any other knife I have ever used. Its lightweight design, combined with its exceptionally low surface resistance and razor-sharp edge makes it stand out in a crowd. The blade itself is crafted from a proprietary blend of the highest quality zirconia material and then forged with state-of-the-art Cold Isostatic Pressing process before being superheated. This makes it sharper, harder, stronger, lighter and more beautiful than other knives.
The set includes a 6″ Chef Knife, 4″ Paring Knife and 5″ Utility Knife that all come with matching sheaths. This makes them great for both home cooking and professional use. The classic white blade and black handle give it a sleek, modern look and feel that is sure to impress.
I highly recommend the WACOOL Ceramic Knife for anyone who values quality craftsmanship when it comes to their kitchenware. It truly is a cut above the rest! Not only does it look great, but it performs even better. It is the perfect gift for family, friends or just yourself! If you’re looking for a reliable and high-performance knife that won’t let you down, this is it.
Magitech Ceramic Kitchen Knife with Sheath
- HEALTHY: It can be used to cut fruits and vegetables, preserve the original color and taste, keep the freshness and nutritional ingredient.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: About half weight of metal-based knife, easy to carry and store.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The advanced ceramic does not absorb any food element, allow just a quick rinse and wipe with a kitchen towel.
- PERFECT for baby food: The ceramic knife Blade is made of Zirconia, clean and healthy, prevent food oxidation.
- Thanks for all suggestions from our customers, we have upgraded our ceramic knife. The once-molding technology handle make the blade stay in fixedly.***
Its lightweight design makes it easy to carry and handle. The Magitech knife is easy to clean as well. All it needs is a rinsing and wipe down because it doesn’t absorb food elements. Downsides of this knife are it can’t be used on a stone cutting board or on frozen food or bones. The Magitech ceramic kitchen knife with sheath can’t be heated or shocked either.
The seven knives listed above are the best ceramic knives in 2023. They are designed to effortlessly slice, dice, and chop fruits and vegetables. When you need precision, none of these ceramic knives will let you down.
Which ceramic knife do you think is the best and why? Let us know in the comments below.