For home BBQ, nothing beats a good ol’ pellet grill smoke. Today’s options offer a variety of features – digital cooking, mobile app functionality, auto-ignition, and slow-cooking pellets. With so many options here’s my list for best pellet grill.
#1.) Traeger Lil Tex Pro Review
#2.) ZGrills Pellet Grill Review
#3) Traeger Renegade Pro
#4.) GMG Davy Crockett Pellet Grill
#5.) Cuisinart Wood Pellet Grill
Best Pellet Grills Reviews
Traeger Lil Tex Pro Review
- Assembled Dimensions: 22" D x 42" W x 49" H | Cooking Grid Dimensions: 22" X 19" | Weight: 98 lbs
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet Grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Lil' Tex Elite 22 pellet Grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection
- Grilled to perfection every time: integrated digital Elite controller keeps temps within +/- 20 degrees F and makes setting the Grill temperature As easy as turning a dial
- Easy and predictable: The Lil' Tex Elite 22 offers consistency you can trust, allowing you to craft amazing wood-fired creations time and time again with the ease of set it and forget it
The Traeger Lil Tex is a high-end pellet grill w/ temperature control settings.
For grilling it offers 572 sq. in. of cooking space:
4 whole chickens, 4-6 racks of ribs, 24 burgers
Traeger Lil Tex Elite 22 comes w/ a digital controller + hourly temp probes to maintain consistent heating — useful for slow cooking meats 5+ hours.
Buyers say it’s great at maintaining temp throughout the day – perfect for all day grilling or smoking!
Buyers love the push-button start + say it’s very easy to clean (thanks to non-stick grill grates).
Expensive pellet grill, but lots of happy buyer reviews.
ZGrills Wood Pellet Grill
- HUGE CAPACITY - Features 700 sq inches of grilling space that allows you to place all at once and cook efficiently. Great for Home, party, and tailgating.
- BUILT TO LAST - Sturdy construction equipped with a stronger stainless steel lid retains heat, resists corrosion, and makes the pellet grill long-lasting.
- PELLET GRILL TECHNOLOGY - Infuse your food with rich smoky flavor. Just put enough pellets into the hopper, pick your desired temperature and let Z Grills do the rest.
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY - Offers more versatility to smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbecue, and char-grill food with healthy wood pellet.
- SUPERIOR MOBILITY - Rugged wheels easily conquer any backyard terrain. Quickly roll your grill over snow, mud, sand, dirt, and any other terrain without break a sweat.
ZGrills Pellet Smoker is a mid-priced grill w/ upgraded temperature controls.
Made of stainless steel (for durability) + has large grilling area of 700 sq. inches.
Dimensions: 19.2 x 26.0 inches
Temp range: 160°F – 450°F
Buyers say the digital panel makes it very easy to set + adjust temperatures.
Includes an auto-ignition starter and multiple grilling modes w/ adjustable temp controls:
regular grilling, smoke, bake, roast, sear, braise, barbecue and baking
Hopper can hold 20 pounds of wood pellets (burns approx. 1-pound per hour)
Reviews confirm ZGrills is easy to assemble + holds consistent temps for long hours.
Traeger Renegade Pro Review
- Never use gas or charcoal again: cooking with wood just tastes better. Traeger created the original wood-pellet grill as the ultimate way to achieve wood-fired taste.
- Versatile barbecue cooking: hot and fast, or low and slow, the Traeger Renegade Pro pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ food to juicy perfection.
- Precision temperature control: The Digital Pro Controller rocks Advanced Grilling Logic, which maintains a +/- 15 degree F temperature control to guarantee precision grilling.
- Sturdy and Durable: Powerful steel construction and durable powder coat finish, easy to clean porcelain grill grates and all-terrain wheels.
- Perfect size for the at-home cook: 380 sq. in. cooking capacity that can accomodate 2 chickens, 3 racks of ribs or 12 burgers.
The Traeger Renegade Pro is perfect for families of 3-5.
It can obviously cook many types of meats, but it’s specifically great at cooking steaks + bbq ribs.
One buyer says the Renegade was able to cook T-Bone steaks in about 1-hour and “were the most delicious steaks I’ve ever made at home”.
Grill offers 380 sq. inches of space w/ pellet hopper capacity of 18 pounds.
Buyers also confirm it’s easy to assemble + maintains perfectly consistent temps.
Lots of positive reviews, but is also very expensive.
Cuisinart BBQ Wood Pellet Grill
- Free weather resistant grill cover included in purchase. This cover is the perfect combination of durability and convenience.
- Product Dimensions: 39.4" L x 18.1" W x 22.8" H | Weight: 103.6 lb
- Enjoy the wood pellet BBQ grill & smoker's large 450 Square inch cooking area and 15 pounds of hopper capacity
- Super versatile! Grill, smoke, roast, braise, barbecue and even bake
- With wind and water resistant fabric, your grill will stand the test of time and be safe from the elements and even UV rays.
The Cuisinart Pellet Grill is a mid-priced grill that is very easy to use.
Grilling Area: 450 sq. in.
Like a digital smoker, the Cuisinart grill is easy to assemble and holds consistent temp for hours.
A unique feature is the total temperature control feature — hopper will automatically add pellets as needed to maintain your temp setting.
Cuisinart hopper holds 15 pounds of pellets (burns 1 – 1.5 pounds per hour)
Buyer review: “as easy as operating a kitchen oven”.
Cuisinart grill has tons of positive reviews + affordable price.
GMG Davy Crockett WiFi Pellet Grill
No products found.
The Davy Crockett is an affordable + portable smoker grill.
Its compact size makes it very versatile — perfect for tailgating, campers, or family BBQs.
Temp range: 150°F – 550°F
Buyers say they’ve even used as a boat grill, at outdoor festivals, and while hunting.
As a WiFi pellet grill, you can control + monitor temperatures using the mobile app. You even set timers w/ temp changes (excellent for tailgating cooking!)
Davy Crockett grill is the best portable smoker on my list.
It has high buyer ratings + affordable price tag.